Stargate Studios Malta is looking for a VFX Editor to join our team. The VFX Editor is a technical person who assists in setting up new projects, ensuring editorial formats of the pipeline are in place. Whilst working closely with client-side VFX editors, they are also responsible for ensuring that VFX artists have everything they need to create their work. The VFX Editor incorporates and updates all required versions of visual effects shots into the current cuts of the VFX / live action sequences. The VFX Editor also has the ability to create a workflow that allows the Visual Effects Supervisor to evaluate VFX Artists work, to provide feedback for aesthetic and technical direction. This position works closely with producers to manage all incoming media and outgoing deliverables.
The ideal candidate should be extremely organised and motivated, with the desire to work within a team in our studio in Malta.
- Create and maintain a database of show I/O Specifications.
- Set up project templates and organise the show pipeline together with the Pipeline Developer.
- Maintain sequence edits and inserting visual effects shots into the timeline.
- Manage and document the turnover of shots from editorial through to delivery including ingesting new media into pipeline
- Ensure Shotgrid is maintained with current shot counts, lineup and any retime instructions
- Ensure that published shots conform to the current edit and perform basic QC checks
- Prepare sequence edits for internal and client approvals when required
- Create daily playlists and operate the screening room system for dailies
- Perform shot specific colour corrections to match editorial reference when required
- Perform shot retimes to match supplied editorial reference when required
- Create rough shot mockups as proof of concept for artists and supervisors
- Work in partnership with vfx teams and compositors to ensure shots are delivered to the very highest standard while maintaining schedules.
Competencies & Skills
- Minimum 2 years of editing experience within the film and/or television industry.
- An eye for detail and thorough understanding of techniques, file formats, colour-space, software and technology relating to the live action visual effects.
- Working knowledge of Nuke, Shotgrid, DaVinci Resolve and RV is considered an asset.
- Proficiency in video formats, codecs, compression, etc.
- Ability to convert between key numbers, time-codes and frames.
- Proficient at working on time sensitive projects with passion & patience.
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and an engaging, personable communicator.
- Driven but down-to-earth personality, self-aware, self-motivated, dependable, friendly, and professional, including ability to work well with the Team.
- Proactive problem solver, quick learner with strong work ethic and can-do attitude.
- Ability to communicate fluently in English is compulsory.
- Ability to communicate fluently in Italian is considered as being an asset.