SENIOR HOUDINI FX ARTIST
Minimum 1 year contract
Stargate Studios Malta is looking for a Senior Houdini FX Artist to join our team. The role calls for a talented artist who will be joining our 3D department. Our artists work on high-end VFX for a wide range of projects so we are looking for an adaptable artist with proven experience. The ideal candidate should be extremely organised and motivated, with the desire to work within a team in our studio in Malta.
- Creating visually stunning and photo-real CG visual effects for high-end projects including but not limited to destruction, smoke, fire, water and the supernatural
- Assist with developing the look of a sequence with the vfx team
- Develop scalable FX systems that can be used in a variety of shots by a variety of artist
- Complete high-quality work on time and to specification
- Be creative and proactive in executing tasks and assisting on all aspects of the CG in a project
- Be willing to learn and adapt new tools outside of Houdini
- Proven and demonstrable experience in high-end VFX using Houdini
- Demonstrated knowledge of Python, The Houdini HOM, and VEX
- Able to build systems that can create complex FX; but are simple, intuitive, and easy to control
- Proactive in picking up new and proprietary tools
- Excellent communication skills.