Minimum 6 month contract
Stargate Studios Malta is looking for Matchmove/Layout Artists to join our team. The role calls for a talented and experienced artist who will be joining our 3D department. Our artists work on high-end VFX for a wide range of projects so we are looking for an adaptable artist that has experience in creating camera moves and rough blocking animation within a digital environment. The ideal candidate should be extremely organised and motivated with very good knowledge of Maya and with the desire to work within a team in our studio in Malta.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years industry experience preferably within a VFX Pipeline (live action)
- Extensive experience and proficiency animating in MAYA and PFtrack or 3Dequalizer
- Extensive experience reproducing exact camera moves within a computer environment.
- Ability to Understanding of photography and the effects of different lenses on perspectives.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Positive attitude even under pressure and deadlines.
- Able to receive constructive feedback.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Experience working in a high pace environment.
- Location and/or Stage experience including matchmove set ups; data wrangling; hdr/digimatte/texture/pmodel photography; lidar scanning; lens grid filming; on-stage (real-time) camera capture/assistance.
- Knowledge of Nuke is a plus
- Fluency in the Italian language is a huge plus but not a necessity.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Performs matchmoving duties such as camera tracking, character matching (matchanim), solving lens distortion, deformation matching of surfaces, multi-plate splicing and stitching, adding creative plate post-moves, set dressing (i.e. Scene setup)
- Responsible for Previz, postviz and techviz (prep for location shooting or ride development); Process inbound/outbound moco data
- Photogrammetry, lidar processing, environment/scene setup verifying correct assets are being used and generating initial data for downstream artists including animation/comp.
- Model the set geometry used to create the matchmove and environment for Animators and Technical Directors.
- Creates creative camera work for non-plate shots and camera takeover shots; originate entirely CG camera animation (i.e. CG camera work)
- Solve facial animation from face cams (i.e. face-capture)
- Convert background plates to various formats to use with specific software to create digital motion files that match the plate photography; animate any live action character or relative object in the scene
- Ensuring his/her work meets production deadlines and quality standards.
- Knowing and following all pipeline and studio policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with internal tools, software and techniques.
- Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
- Assist in overall team communication and contribute to a positive work environment.