IT SUPPORT ASSISTANT
Full-time contract, indefinite
Stargate Studios Malta Ltd - a fully-fledged studio forming part of Stargate Studios Group, involved in TV and film production as well as digital production and visual effects - is looking to employ a full-time IT Support Assistant. The chosen candidate will be supporting the IT Systems Manager in the maintenance, upgrade and management of the Company’s IT infrastructure.
- Respond to user service requests, troubleshooting and resolution;
- Provide technical support for basic network troubleshooting and escalation;
- Support PC hardware components, Windows desktop operating system software and application software;
- Identify and report system issues to vendors, monitor and test resolution of those issues sent to vendors;
- Monitor infrastructure and repair computers;
- Manage user account lifecycle process (creation/amendments/deletion - Onboarding/Offboarding);
- Monitor backup systems and procedures to ensure data security;
- Monitor/manage network servers and technology tools, including render farm and NAS;
- Record issues, activities, solutions and other responses to the request for service;
- Assist in maintaining inventory records and documentation for equipment;
- Perform basic administrative support duties and documentation as required.
- Familiarity with Windows Operating System;
- Basic knowledge of Scripting and Networking;
- Basic skills in building a computer system from hardware parts;
- Resourcefulness and problem-solving aptitude;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science or a related discipline or equivalent [including professional certification - e.g. Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) or CISCO IT Essential will be considered an asset].