(Facial and Performance Animation)
Minimum 6 month contract
Stargate Studios Malta is looking for Animators to join our team in Malta. The role calls for a talented and experienced artist who will be joining our 3D department. Our artists work on high-end VFX for a wide range of projects so we are looking for an adaptable artist that has experience in realistic animation with a focus on facial performance and lipsync. The ideal candidate should be extremely organised and motivated with very good knowledge of Maya and with the desire to work within a team. Artists would need to be working from our studio in Malta, remote work is not permitted.
- Realistic facial animation and lipsync (character or creature animation a plus!)
- Ensuring animation meets production deadlines.
- Ensuring animation meets quality standards.
- Knowing and following all pipeline and studio policies and procedures.
- Keep up to date with internal tools, software and techniques.
- Share knowledge and techniques with other team members.
- Assist in overall team communication and contribute to a positive work environment.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 2+ years industry experience preferably within a VFX Pipeline (live action)
- Extensive experience and proficiency animating in MAYA.
- Extensive experience with character performance & facial animation.
- Expert knowledge of physics and anatomy as it pertains to animation.
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail and follow through.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to work collaboratively.
- Positive attitude even under pressure and deadlines.
- Able to receive constructive feedback.
- Self-motivated and proactive. Consistently strives to expand knowledge base.
- Experience working in a high pace environment.
- Fluency in the Italian language is a huge plus but not a necessity.
- Degree and/or diploma in fine arts or animation or equivalent experience is preferred.